Headlines

A special first communion for École Sacré-Coeur students

On May 29, grade 2, 3 and 4 students at École Sacré-Coeur (Chapleau) made their First Communion. This celebration, which was lived in person for the last time in 2018, moved Father Hervé Sauvé. Thanks to this significant event in their lives, the students will continue to profess their faith.

Read More »

Une première communion spéciale pour les élèves de Sacré-Coeur

Le 29 mai dernier, les élèves de la 2e, 3e et 4e année de l’école Sacré-Cœur (Chapleau) ont fait leur Première communion. Cette célébration, qui avait été vécue en personne pour la dernière fois en 2018, a ému le Père Hervé Sauvé. Grâce à cet événement marquant dans leur vie, les élèves continueront de cheminer dans la foi.

Read More »

Morning News – June 7

June 7, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – A mix of sun and cloud. 30% chance of showers early this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High 16. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Partly cloudy. Fog patches developing late this evening. Low plus 4.   COVID Statistics: Current Previous Change ...

Read More »

INGHAM, Clifford “Cliff”

Passed away peacefully at the Sault Area Hospital on Saturday, June 4, 2022, just four days before his 83rd birthday. Cliff will be remembered by his special friend Jeannette Lapham. Adored father of Edward, Darren (Barba), and Tracey Toffner (Mark). Proud grandfather of Kirk, Scott, Eric, Logan, Carson, Hayden and Samantha. Loving son of the late Anne and Gilbert “Gib” ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 6

June 6, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly cloudy. 60% chance of showers late this morning and this afternoon. High 16. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Cloudy. 70% chance of showers changing to 30% chance of showers this evening. Low 9. Rain, at times heavy, is expected to begin this morning in a region that encompasses the ...

Read More »

The OPP, CAFC, and RCMP raise awareness about money mules in Canada

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) are launching a campaign from June 6th to 10th to raise awareness about how fraudsters are using unsuspecting victims as money mules to launder funds and proceeds of crime. 2021 was a historic year for frauds reported to the CAFC, with reported losses ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 3

June 3, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Cloudy with 60% chance of showers. High 11 with the temperature falling to 6 this afternoon. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Cloudy. 60% chance of showers early this evening. Becoming partly cloudy late this evening. Low plus 1 with risk of frost. COVID Statistics: Current Previous Change from previous report ...

Read More »

Celebration of Life – Dr. Mark Owen

A celebration of the life of Dr. Mark Owen will be held on Saturday, June 18, 2022, at the Owen residence, 303 Aberdeen Street, Michipicoten River Village between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. As Mark would have wished, this will be an informal time of friendship, snacks and story-telling outdoors, weather permitting. Anne, James, Meredith (via Skype) and Chris (Mark’s brother) ...

Read More »

CODE, Mary

Peacefully passed away at home on Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Beloved wife of the late John Douglas Lock. Wife and best friend of Douglas Code. Loving mother of Jack Lock (Gail), Lynne Derasp (Reg), Jim Lock (Wendy), Lee McCrae (late Doug) and step-mother of Dwight Code (Toni) and Darwin Code (Karen). Loving grandmother to all her grandchildren. Special Gramma of ...

Read More »

SE OPP Chapleau – Male charged with Mischief

On May 30, 2022 at approximately 9:58 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of damage to property at a business on Pine Street in Chapleau. Through investigation, Austin LECUYER, 22-years-of-age, of Chapleau was arrested and charged with the following: Mischief, contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code (CC). ...

Read More »

SE OPP Wawa – Male charged with Possession Property Obtained by Crime

SE OPP Wawa

On March 24, 2022, at approximately 12:39 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were notified of a break and enter to a business on Tremblay Road near the town of Wawa. Several items were reported stolen during the incident. Police conducted an investigation and determined the identity of the accused person. As a ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 2

June 2, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly sunny. High 15. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Increasing cloudiness this evening. Low plus 4. COVID Statistics: Current Previous Change from previous report Tested 263,699 263,611 88 Confirmed Cases 8,488 8,477 11 Confirmed Cases in 2022 6,284 6,273 11 Active cases 64 59 5 Resolved 8,424 8,418 6 *Deceased ...

Read More »

Highway OPEN (Montreal River Hill)

Jun 2, 2022 at 06:25 The lumber has been cleaned up, transport removed, and fuel removed. The highway was completely open just after midnight. The lumber was from White River Forest Products. May 31, 2022 at 19:35 The highway has been opened to one lane – traffic control in place.   May 31, 2022 at 18:55   May 31, 2022 ...

Read More »

SECFDC Introduces new Loan Products

The Superior East Community Futures Development Corporation (SECFDC) is a non-profit organization offering small business and regional community economic development services to the Superior East region.  Superior East was established back in 1989 and since this time it has disbursed 675 loans within the region for a total of $28,586,340.  These loans served to create or maintain 2,965 jobs.   ...

Read More »