Local News

BUCK Likes SALT on his CHERRY

Yeah, well you’ll get what I mean after listening to the audio clip attached haha . Anyhow, I had the privilege of speaking with Josh Todd of Buckcherry the other day as Pop Evil and Cherry will be cranking out their hits at Kewadin on Aug 3 with an outdoor concert that is sure to bring out the masses. Before ...

Read More »

Monday Morning News – July 15

Weather – A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 21. Humidex 27. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late this evening and overnight with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming ...

Read More »

Debt, Credit and Value: Could we Pay for a New Economy?

In my last article on the topic of use-value, exchange value and the carbon tax, we considered the idea of money as a form of social credit. While last week’s paper focused on the creation of value through the production of commodities, money —as a token of credit —is ultimately created outside of the process of commodity production. If money ...

Read More »

Aircraft crash in Hawk Junction

Jul 12, 2019 @ 12:06 – Superior East OPP have confirmed that two adults are deceased as a result of the crash.  Community Safety/Media Relations Officer Trevor Tremblay stated in a media release that “Their identities are being withheld until post mortem examinations are conducted.” A team from the Transportation Safety Board (TSB) is currently at the scene conducting their investigation. ...

Read More »

SE OPP investigate plane crash in Hawk Junction

Jul 12, 2019 @ 12:05 – On July 11, 2019, at around 9:00 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the Wawa Volunteer Fire Department and Algoma Emergency Medical Services (EMS) were called to the scene of a plane crash in the Town of Hawk Junction, Ontario. A team from the Transportation Safety Board (TSB) ...

Read More »

Ladies Golf Night Results – July 10

51 Golfers 1st Flight Winner –Suzanne Lacasse, Lise Noel, Gerry Rose  37 2nd Flight Winner–Barb Leschishin, Luan Buckell, Lynne Zuliani 42 3rd Flight Winner – Kathy Turyk, Wendy Bonitzke, Karen Tail  48 4th Flight Winner –Chrystal Morden, Cheri Lowe, Rabecca Dumont  53 Special Event Winners and Draws Hole #1 Longest Putt – Northern Lights Ford $15 cash–Suzanne Lacasse Hole #2 Longest Drive ...

Read More »

Men’s Night Golf – July 11

96 Players 1st FLIGHT: Brandon Case, Dylan Buckell, Mike Fell-5 under par 31 2nd FLIGHT: Butch Terris, Luke Morden, Tom Terris-2 under par 34 3rd FLIGHT: Dave Castonguay, Gilbert Bouchard, Stephane Bouchard-1 under par 35 4th FLIGHT: Jim Oleynik, Luc Belanger, Francis Dechamplain–even par 36 5th FLIGHT: Jeff McMurdo, Spike Spreng, Vic Sillanpaa-1 over par 37 6th FLIGHT: John, Don ...

Read More »

Northeast Forest Fire Update – July 11

There was one new fire in the Northeast Region by late afternoon today. North Bay 4 is being observed at 0.1 of a hectare. The fire is located on an island is Denedus Lake and will be monitored to allow for the natural ecological benefits of fire to occur. At the time of this update, there are two other wildland fires in ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – July 12

Weather – Increasing cloudiness. 40 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h near noon. High 19. UV index 6 or high. Tonight – Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Fog patches developing overnight. Low 11. News Tidbits – If you head to the Soo this weekend – check out ...

Read More »

UPDATE on Outage affecting Hawk Junction, Dubreuilville, Lochalsh, Missanabie and Goudreau

Jul 11, 2019 @ 13:20 – Wawa-news has been told that power has been restored in Dubreuilville and Missinabie. Jul 11, 2019 @ 12:13 – Wawa-news has been informed by Algoma Power that this morning at approximately 9:15 a.m. Algoma Power experienced an outage to approximately 576 customers in the area of Hawk Junction, Dubreuilville, Lochalsh, Missanabie and Goudreau. 153 customers have ...

Read More »

Thank You – The family of Vincenza Lauricella

The family of Vincenza Lauricella wishes to express their heartfelt gratitude to Dr. Switzer, Dr. Shaffaf, Dr. Stamler, Dr. Tkachyk and all the members of the medical staff, the nursing staff and the staff of the Lady Dunn Health Centre for their care and concern for the well being of Vincenza during her recent illness. Thank you to Valerie Kerry ...

Read More »

Wesdome Celebrates 30 years listed on the TSX

  Yesterday morning, July 10, 2019, Wesdome Gold Mines CEO and President Duncan Middlemiss was joined by Dean McPherson, Head, Global Mining, Business Development, TMX Group in opening the market in celebration of Wesdome’s being listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange for 30 years. The Company has approximately 136.5 million shares issued and outstanding and trades on the Toronto Stock ...

Read More »

Thursday Morning News – July 11

Weather – A few showers ending this morning then clearing. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind north 20 km/h. High 21. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 9. News Tidbits – Check your fridge – Fresh Taste Produce Ltd. is recalling certain 794 G (28 OZ) Eat Smart ...

Read More »

Northeast Forest Fire Update – July 9

There was one new fires in the Northeast Region by late afternoon today. Parry Sound 8 is not under control at 0.7 of a hectare. This fire is located south of the Round Lake Provincial Park. At the time of this update, there are two other wildland fires in the region. Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100 ...

Read More »