Author Archives: Brenda Stockton

Morning News – June 19th

Weather Cloudy. High 18. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Mainly cloudy. Fog patches developing overnight. Low plus 4.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested (1)  Confirmed cases (2) Active cases Currently hospitalized Resolved cases (3) Deceased Cases Screened Positive for VOC (4) 150,275  397 3 1(1) 394 6 110 Updated: June 18, 2021, 3:00 pm Doses ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 18th

Weather Sunny this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High 20. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 8.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested (1)  Confirmed cases ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 17th

Weather Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers late this morning and this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late this morning and this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 22. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – Partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk ...

Read More »

Bargain Shop becomes Red Apple Canada Day Long Weekend!

The Bargain Shop is being renovated and will become a Red Apple and celebrate its opening on the Canada Day long weekend, Thursday July 1st. Red Apple explains that they will continue to offer all the brand-name fashions, toys, grocery, and home products as The Bargain Shop did, but that customers will find some exciting new additions. The Red Apple ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 16th

Weather Sunny. High 18. UV index 9 or very high. Tonight – Clear. Low plus 5.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested (1)  Confirmed cases (2) Active cases Currently hospitalized Resolved cases (3) Deceased Cases Screened Positive for VOC (4) 148,994 397 4(1) 0(1) 393 6 110 Updated: June 15, 2021, 2:14 pm Doses administered to Algoma residents ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 15th

Weather Sunny. Wind becoming north 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High 20. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low plus 4.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested (1)  Confirmed cases (2) Active cases Currently hospitalized Resolved cases (3) Deceased Cases Screened Positive for VOC (4) ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 14th

Weather Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light late this morning. High 20 with temperature falling to 17 this afternoon. UV index 6 or high. Tonight – Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers early this evening. Clearing this evening. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 ...

Read More »

1 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#397)

\Algoma Public Health (APH) reported 1 new case of COVID-19, from Sault Ste. Marie and area Friday evening, June 11, 2021. The exposure is of close contact, and the individual was tested on June 11, and as self-isolating,   Through contact tracing, APH notifies all close contacts directly. If you are not contacted by APH you are not considered a ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 12th

Weather Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the morning. A few showers beginning in the morning. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. High 19. UV index 3 or moderate. Night – Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers or drizzle in the evening and after midnight. Fog patches developing in the evening. Low 11.   Status of COVID-19 ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 11th

Weather Cloudy. 40 percent chance of drizzle this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 22. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Fog patches developing near midnight. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 11.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 10th

Weather A few showers ending this afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this morning and early this afternoon. High 19 with temperature falling to 14 this afternoon. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers this evening. Fog patches developing this evening. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h this ...

Read More »

Helicopter makes Emergency Landing while Firefighting in Nipigon District

In the early evening of June 7th, 2021, a commercially operated helicopter contracted by the MNRF engaged in firefighting activities on a Nipigon District fire was forced to perform an emergency landing in a forested area.   The Ministry of Natural Resources confirmed that the pilot, who was the sole occupant of the aircraft was transported to the hospital with ...

Read More »

2 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 (#395 – #396)

Algoma Public Health (APH) has reported 2 new cases of COVID-19, from Elliot Lake and area. Both cases were tested yesterday, June 8th. One is of unknown exposure and the other is of close contact; both at self-isolating.   Through contact tracing, APH notifies all close contacts directly. If you are not contacted by APH you are not considered a ...

Read More »

EB Lane OPEN(Steephill Dam Road/Hwy 17 )

at 7:42 the highway was completely open.   Jun 9, 2021 at 14:47 The eastbound lane remains closed. Angelo and his crew are on scene cleanng. Jun 9, 2021 at 13:43 Ontario511 is reporting that the eastbound lane is closed at the SteepHill Dam Road (18km west of Wawa on Highway 17) for a spill. There is no other information ...

Read More »

Wawa – 2021 Annual Solar Eclipse

  Wawa may see near totality at sunrise – if the clouds, fog and Mother Nature is agreeable. Sunrise is at 5:40 tomorrow morning just as the annular solar eclipse is at 74%. It will take a few minutes for the sun to clear the hills at the end of Wawa Lake and become visible. The best viewing spots will ...

Read More »