Author Archives: Brenda Stockton

APH: 5 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 (#426 – #430)

Algoma Public Health has reported five (5) new cases of COVID-19 (#426 – #430). Three are from Sault Ste. Marie and area, one is from North Algoma (Dubreuilville, Michipicoten First Nation, Missinabie Cree First Nation, Wawa, White River) and one is from Central and East Algoma. Algoma Public Health is also advising the public of a potential exposure to COVID-19 ...

Read More »

Fog Advisory

Aug 28, 2021 at 17:31 At 3:55 Environment Canada explained that the fog patches have currently lifted, but are likely to return this evening and continue into Sunday morning. Visibility may be significantly and suddenly reduced to near zero. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 28

Aug 28, 2021 at 07:56 Weather Cloudy with 60 percent chance of drizzle or showers. High 20. Humidex 28. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Cloudy with 40 percent chance of drizzle this evening and after midnight. Showers beginning after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Low 17. Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are fourteen active cases ...

Read More »

LDHCF Catch the Ace – Week 9 Winner is…

Congratulations to Dougald MacLellan, winner of Week 9 of the Foundation’s Catch the Ace Lottery! The envelope (#20) he selected contained the Eight of Spades. Dougald won $291! Monies from the Catch the Ace are used to enhance health care services at the Lady Dunn Health Centre. Previous Winners: Week 8 – Tracy Amos, Envelope 13, Jack of Spades, $189 ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 27

Aug 27, 2021 at 07:56 Weather Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 17. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Showers. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light late this evening. Low 12. Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are fourteen active cases of COVID-19 in the ...

Read More »

Growing and Supporting a Healthy Community – Wawa’s Wellness Table

Katherine Grundt and the Wawa EDC have created Wawa’s Wellness Table. The first meeting of the Wellness Table was held July 29th, 2021, and explained the basis for and the goals of this new group. This Wellness Table will begin the community conversation about health and wellness, and how to share these wellness professions with Wawa and the area. Wawa ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 26

Aug 26, 2021 at 07:56 Weather Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. High 23. Humidex 26. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low 8.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are sixteen ...

Read More »

APH: 5 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 (#421 – #425) 2 in North Algoma

Aug 25, 2021 at 19:18 Algoma Public Health is reporting five (5) new cases of COVID-19 (#421 – #425). Two are from North Algoma, two are from Central and East Algoma and one is from Sault Ste. Marie and area. The table of confirmed cases doesn’t identify which cases are from North Algoma (Dubreuilville, Michipicoten First Nation, Missinabie Cree First ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 25

Aug 25, 2021 at 07:56 Weather Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h near noon. High 23. Humidex 29. UV index 6 or high. Tonight – Clearing late this evening. Fog patches developing overnight. Low 13.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are twelve active cases of COVID-19 in the ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 24

Aug 24, 2021 at 07:56 Weather Mainly sunny. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. High 26. Humidex 32. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers overnight. Low 16.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are eleven active cases of COVID-19 in the Algoma District today. Immunization Uptake and Coverage in Algoma ...

Read More »

Hwy 144 OPEN (Windy Lake Provincial Park & Cartier)

Aug 23, 2021 at 19:55 On August 23, 2021 at 6:29 p.m., Highway 144 has be re-open in both directions after members from the Nipissing West (Sudbury) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a fatal single motor vehicle collision on Highway 144, north of Windy Lake Motel and south of Cartier, in the District of Sudbury. The ...

Read More »

APH: 1 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#419)

Algoma Public Health is reporting 1 (one) new case of COVID-19 (#419), from Sault Ste. Marie and area.  The individual was tested Sunday, August 22nd, is of close-contact exposure, and is self-isolating. Through contact tracing, all close contacts have been notified.

Read More »

Hwy 17 (Iron Bridge) OPEN

Aug 23, 2021 at 15:25 The highway has been reopened at 3:08 p.m. Aug 23, 2021 at 13:05 Highway 17 is closed at Beharriel Street (Iron Bridge) due to a collision. Google Maps is showing a collision at the entrance to Fauteux Lumber (about 10 km east of Iron Bridge).

Read More »

Young’s Featured Attraction of Today – Bear family

  Young’s General Store has a many-faceted history. From Bill’s ‘ass’, to Henrietta, the Moose, pickles, sausage and fudge – Young’s General Store offers many treats to go with the history.   Today, was no different. A mother bear and her cub were rummaging in the garbage bin – and the little one couldn’t get out. So with a little ...

Read More »

Morning News – August 23

Weather Sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 22. Humidex 27. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Clear. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Low 14.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma There are ten active cases of COVID-19 in the Algoma District today. Immunization Uptake and Coverage in Algoma (3:05 PM, August 20, 2021) # of ...

Read More »