Author Archives: Brenda Stockton

Morning News – June 17

June 17, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Cloudy. 30% chance of showers this morning. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 this morning. High 18. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light late this evening. Low plus 5. Forest Fire Update: There are no active fires in the ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 16

June 16, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly cloudy. 30% chance of showers changing to 70% chance of showers this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High 16. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Cloudy. 70% chance of showers changing to 30% chance of showers this evening. Wind ...

Read More »

Severe Thunderstorm Watch Issued

Jun 15, 2022 at 23:10 11:00 PM EDT Wednesday 15 June 2022 Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for: Wawa – Pukaskwa Park White River – Dubreuilville Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and large hail. Hazards: Scattered wind gusts up to 100 km/h likely Isolated hail up to ...

Read More »

Emergency services attending to plane incident on Wawa Lake

Just after 8 p.m. tonight OPP and EMS attended Dr. Rose’s Beach and William Teddy Park because of an aircraft in the water. At the scene, Wawa-news can see what appears to be an aircraft upside down (floats up). There is no word on the pilot and/or any passengers. This is a developing story, and Wawa-news will continue to update.

Read More »

Morning News – June 15

June 15, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Becoming cloudy this morning. 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind south 20 km/h. High 24. Humidex 30. UV index 6 or high. Tonight – Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Low 13. COVID-19 Algoma District Statistics: Updated: June 14, 2022, 3:00 PM Current ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 14

June 14, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly cloudy. 40% chance of showers late this morning and this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning then light this afternoon. High 22. Humidex 27. UV index 8 or very high. Tonight – Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers this evening ...

Read More »

Echo Bay – Conserve Water – UPDATED

Emergency Notice for Water Conservation Effective June 13, 2022 No irrigation No car washing Essential use only  This notice is in place until further notice and updates will be provided as they become available, please follow the website for further updates June 10, 2022- 3:47 pm РThe Township of Macdonald, Meredith & Aberdeen Additional is issuing an Advisory in ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 13

June 13, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. High 17. UV index 9 or very high. Tonight – Mainly cloudy with 40% chance of showers. Low 8. Forest Fire Update: There are no active fires in the Northeast Region. News Tidbits: Be careful when driving to the Soo. Cattle from the collision at Old ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 11

June 11, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon then 60% chance of showers later this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. High 18. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Mainly cloudy. 60% chance of showers this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Low 6. Forest Fire Update: There are no active ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 10

June 10, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 12. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Increasing cloudiness this evening. Low plus 2 with risk of frost. COVID-19 Statistics: Updated: June 9, 2022, 3:45 PM Current Change in previous 7 days Tested 264,528 738 Confirmed Cases 8,529 34 ...

Read More »

U.S. Coast Guard Responds to St. Marys River Oil Spill

The Coast Guard is responding to an oil spill that originated from Algoma Steel in Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, June 9, 2022. The Coast Guard received notification at 10:30 a.m. EST of a 5,300-gallon gear oil spill into the St. Marys River. Initial Coast Guard estimates show a sheen that covers an area from the steel mill all the way ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 9

June 9, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – Mainly cloudy with 60% chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 16. UV index 5 or moderate. Tonight – Mainly cloudy. 60% chance of showers this evening and after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 8

June 8, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – A mix of sun and cloud. 30% chance of showers this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 16. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Partly cloudy with 30% chance of showers. Fog patches developing overnight. Low plus 4.   COVID Statistics: Current Change in previous 7 days Tested 264,288 677 ...

Read More »

Highway 17 – OPEN after Collision

Jun 8, 2022 at 05:30 The highway has been reopened. ON511 tweeted at 4 a.m. that it had been opened. Jun 7, 2022 at 20:45 The highway has been opened to one lane. Hwy 17 is closed in the Batchawana Bay area due to a collision between a vehicle and a transport. ON511 is stating that the highway is closed ...

Read More »

Morning News – June 7

June 7, 2025 at 07:56 Weather: Today – A mix of sun and cloud. 30% chance of showers early this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High 16. UV index 7 or high. Tonight – Partly cloudy. Fog patches developing late this evening. Low plus 4.   COVID Statistics: Current Previous Change ...

Read More »