Community

Rural communities in northern Ontario will benefit from faster Internet

Canadians understand the importance of building communities. They have always invested in ways to better connect with each other—from the St. Lawrence Seaway to the national railroad system to the Trans-Canada Highway. Those investments now need to reflect the increasingly digital world. That is why the Honourable Bernadette Jordan, Minister of Rural Economic Development, today announced funding of over $2 million ...

Read More »

Between the Covers – August 28

T.D. SUMMER READING CLUB-The Wawa Public Library T.D. Summer Reading Club has come to an end!  We thank all of the children who came and participated in all the clubs.  We also thank all of wonderful sponsors and donors who continue to help us make our Summer Program a success. Thank you to the Rotary Club of Wawa, Wesdome, Hawk ...

Read More »

Meals on Wheels – is it right for you?

If you are a senior, an adult recovering from an illness, or a physically or mentally challenged individual, then you qualify for the Canadian Red Cross Meals on Wheels program.  Do you find it a challenge to drive or walk to the grocery store for regular shopping trips?  Is the constant cleaning up after cooking just one meal getting to ...

Read More »

Ontario Northland Launches New Pricing Structure for Passengers

Ontario Northland will be providing savings options for customers by introducing new pricing structures on all passenger travel effective September 4th, 2019. There will be two types of fare options available, a firm ticket and a flex ticket giving customers the option to choose what suits their travel needs. “We’re excited to launch this new pricing structure,” says Tracy MacPhee, ...

Read More »

Household Hazardous Waste Day – September 14

HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2019 9:00 AM TO 1:00 PM Delivery For your own protection, deliver the hazardous waste material labelled in the trunk of your car or box of your truck DO NOT mix materials. All materials must be clearly marked. If the container is damaged, package the container in a plastic bag in order not ...

Read More »

Between the Covers – August 21

NEW BOOKS–on the 7- Day Shelf this week are; “Smoke Screen” by Iris Johansen, “The Family Next Door” by John Glatt,  “One Good Deed” by David Baldacci. There are some great reads on the 7-Day Shelf! Come on in and check it out!! STAFF PICKS FOR THE MONTH OF JULY ARE; “Winter in Paradise” by Elin Hilderbrand, “Rules of Civility” ...

Read More »

LDHCF Launches Dream Vacation Lottery 2019

It’s that time of year again. The Lady Dunn Health Centre Foundation will be in the community promoting its Annual Dream Vacation Lottery. By purchasing a ticket today you are helping to fund our current campaign of $125,000 for a new washer/disinfector and sterilizer for the Medical Device Reprocessing Department.  The current equipment is reaching its end of life ...

Read More »

The LDHC Foundation Says Thank You to the LDHC Auxiliary

On August 16th, the LDHC Foundation received a generous donation from the Lady Dunn Health Centre Auxiliary in the amount of $6228.47. The donation will be used to purchase 2 Holter Monitors that will be used throughout the hospital. This non-invasive portable device monitors your heart’s activity continuously for 24 to 48 hours; aiding your healthcare provider in ...

Read More »

“The federal carbon tax will cost you.”

This week I was successful in arranging for some actual time to be in my constituency office to tend to a wide variety of matters that I am unable to attend to while on the road. As such, finding time to actually be in my constituency office is no small task. Sometimes I need my staff to actually block off ...

Read More »

The LDHC Foundation Thanks John’s Valumart

John’s ValuMart chose to support their local hospital Foundation through the “GIVE A LITTLE, HELP A LOT” program for the second year in a row. Early in July, customers were asked if they wanted to make a small donation to this special cause. Through customer donations, $272.00 was raised and matched by John’s ValuMart for a total of $544.00 being ...

Read More »