On July 12, 2020, at approximately 1:45 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a wanted person who had attended the Detachment for an unrelated matter.
As a result of the investigation, Thomas MICHAUD, 74 years-of-age, from Dubreuilville, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Fail to Appear/Comply with Appearance Notice, Promise to Appear (PTA) or Recognizance – Identification of Criminals Act, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC), and
- Fail to Appear/Comply with Appearance Notice, PTA, or Recognizance, contrary to section 145(5)(b) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on September 14, 2020, in Wawa.
- SE OPP Wawa – Men Charged in Break in at Local School - July 22, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Names of Fugitive Pair Released - July 16, 2020
- SE OPP – Pair arrested after Canine and ERT Overnight Search - July 15, 2020