On August 25th, 2021, at approximately 4:25 a.m., members from the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received information from Sault Ste Marie Police Services of a possible a possible impaired driver that left Sault Ste Marie and may be driving east on Highway 17.
At approximately 5:11 a.m., police observed the car travelling eastbound on Highway 17 and initiated a traffic stop east of Boundary Road in the Municipality of Huron Shores. While speaking to the driver, officers determined alcohol had been consumed.
As a result of the investigation, Lina MARCOTULLIO, 25 years of age from Rockwood, Ontario, was charged with:
- Operation While Impaired-Alcohol and Drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Operation While Impaired-Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on October 7th, 2021 and the vehicle was impounded for 7 days.
- East Algoma OPP – Two arrested after disturbance call - June 29, 2022
- Manitoulin OPP – Arrest Warrant issued after Shooting - June 27, 2022
- Manitoulin OPP – Investigation continues into Drowning at Chutes Provincial Park - June 27, 2022