On Friday, August 24, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East (Chapleau) Detachment had occasion to stop a motor vehicle at a local Chapleau business address and investigate the male driver. During the investigation police located a small quantity of what is believed to be marihuana and a small quantity of what is believed to be cocaine. As a result, Alain BERGERON (35) of Panet Township, Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act,
- Adult Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the purpose of Trafficking- under 3kg contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused was released from custody and is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Chapleau, Ontario on December 10, 2018.
Latest posts by Superior East Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- SE OPP White River – Arrest Suspect in Thefts in Southern Ontario - September 20, 2019
- Gas Stolen in Wawa, Arrest made after deploying spike belt near Goulais River - September 16, 2019
- SE OPP Hornepayne – Traffic Stop results in drug charges - September 9, 2019