On Friday, August 24, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East (Chapleau) Detachment had occasion to stop a motor vehicle at a local Chapleau business address and investigate the male driver. During the investigation police located a small quantity of what is believed to be marihuana and a small quantity of what is believed to be cocaine. As a result, Alain BERGERON (35) of Panet Township, Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act,
- Adult Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the purpose of Trafficking- under 3kg contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused was released from custody and is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Chapleau, Ontario on December 10, 2018.
Latest posts by Superior East Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- SE OPP Chapleau look for boat motor thief - January 29, 2020
- SE OPP Chapleau – Christmas Day collision leads to operation while impaired charges for Chapleau Man - December 27, 2019
- SE OPP Chapleau charge Chapleau man with Sexual Assault & Intimidation - December 19, 2019