On January 2, 2019, members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were on patrol on Causley Street in the Town of Blind River.
At approximately 4:00 p.m., police observed an eastbound vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed of over 115 km/hr in a posted 50 km/hr zone on Causley Street and a traffic stop was initiated. As the officer was requesting vehicle documents the male driver could not provide a valid driver’s licence.
As a result of the investigation, Michaele MAHARY, 23 years of age from Winnipeg, Manitoba was charged with:
- Drive Motor Vehicle-Perform Stunt-Speeding by more than 50 or more km/hr, contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA); and with
- Drive Motor Vehicle -No Licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on February 20, 2019.
Latest posts by Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- Romance Scams - March 22, 2019
- SSM OPP Investigate Home Invasion – Ask for Public’s Help - March 18, 2019
- OPP – Watch for Water on Roadways - March 15, 2019