One individual has been charged with impaired driving after a traffic complaint from a concerned motorist. On September 17, 2023, shortly after 5:00 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a report of a possible impaired driver on Highway 17, south of White River.
Police located the suspect vehicle and conducted a traffic stop, where investigation revealed the driver had consumed alcoholic beverages. As a result, Joshua LIPINSKI, 31 years-of-age, of Hamilton was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while Impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on October 16, 2023 in Wawa.
- SE OPP Chapleau – charges laid at Festive RIDE check - November 28, 2023
- SE OPP Chapleau – BC Man Charged with Speeding & Operation while Prohibited - October 17, 2023
- SE OPP Hornepayne – Criminal Charges laid after Domestic Dispute - October 13, 2023