A traffic complaint from a concerned citizen has resulted in numerous charges for one individual. On August 27, 2023, shortly after 4:00 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a report of a possible impaired driver on Highway 101 near Chapleau.
When officers located the suspect vehicle, the driver initially refused to stop for police. Officers were eventually able to conduct a traffic stop, where investigation revealed the driver had consumed alcoholic beverages. As a result, Justain BEAULIEU, 41 years-of-age, of Thompson, Manitoba was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Dangerous Operation
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Driver Motor Vehicle – Perform Stunt – Excessive Speed
- Fail to Stop for Police
- Use Centre Lane Improperly
- Litter Highway
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on September 18, 2023 in Chapleau.
- SE OPP Chapleau – charges laid at Festive RIDE check - November 28, 2023
- SE OPP Chapleau – BC Man Charged with Speeding & Operation while Prohibited - October 17, 2023
- SE OPP Hornepayne – Criminal Charges laid after Domestic Dispute - October 13, 2023