Jan 23, 2023 at 07:56
- Today – Cloudy with 30% chance of flurries this morning. Flurries beginning early this afternoon. Risk of freezing drizzle early this morning. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 60 this morning then increasing to 40 gusting to 60 near noon. High -2. Wind chill near -11. UV index 1 or low.
- Tonight – Flurries ending this evening then cloudy with 30% chance of flurries. Becoming partly cloudy overnight. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming north 20 km/h overnight. Low -18. Wind chill -6 this evening and -24 overnight.
- Congratulations to Sgt Turcotte of SE OPP – Chapleau for his promotion!
- The Chapleau students versus the Chapleau Emergency Responders held a charity hockey game on January 16th. The game raised $900 and five (5) boxes of non-perishable goods for the Chapleau Food Bank.
- Today is the deadline for you/your organization or business to submit a registration form for the Wawa Winter Carnival (Feb 17, 18, 19, & 20) at the MMCC.
- If you are snowmobiling on Wawa Lake be aware of a large pressure crack that extends from Blueberry Point towards the Lady Dunn Health Centre. The water that has come over the ice is quite deep in places.
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)
- Morning News – June 5 - June 5, 2023
- Morning News – June 3 - June 3, 2023
- Power Outage Affects Wawa & Area – RESTORED - June 2, 2023