On September 20, 2020, at approximately 1:40 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) observed a pickup truck driving unsteadily on Highway 17 in White River Township.
Officers conducted a traffic stop and determined that the driver was impaired by alcohol. As a result of the investigation, Dylan SUTHERLAND, 26 years-of-age, from Nairn Centre, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC), and
- Obstruct Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC.
The driver was issued a 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (ADLS) and the vehicle was impounded for 7 days.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on November 9, 2020, in Wawa.
- SE OPP Chapleau – Officers arrest and Charge person after domestic dispute - October 24, 2020
- SE OPP – Operation Impact - October 15, 2020
- SE OPP White River – CDSA Warrant results in Posession and Multiple trafficking charges - October 15, 2020