May 11, 2025 at 07:56
- Today – A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 24. UV index 8 or very high.
- Tonight – Increasing cloudiness. 60% chance of showers overnight with risk of a thunderstorm. Low 14.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Confirmed Cases in 2022||6,035||6,010||25|
|Deceased in 2022||32||32||1|
|Central & East Algoma||825||824||1|
|Elliot Lake & Area||435||434||1|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||6,690||6,668||22|
Forest Fire Update:
There were six new wildland fires, with eleven fires now in the Northeast Region. Local fires are:
- SSM 4: 27.7 hectare fire located north of Camp 7 Bay of Matinenda lake. It is currently not under control.
- SSM 5: 40 hectare fire located along the beach in the Garden River First Nation on the west side of Ojibway Park. It is being held.
- SSM 6: 0.2 hectare fire located half a kilometre north of Hwy 670, and over one kilometre northwest of Ophir. It is being held.
- SSM 7: 0.1 fire located two kilometres northwest of Island Lake and 0.6 kilometres west of Hwy 552.. Currently not under control.