On October 16, 2020, at approximately 6:00 p.m., a member of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) observed a pickup truck that was swerving into the oncoming lane on Churchill Avenue in Wawa.
Police stopped the vehicle and determined that the driver was impaired by alcohol. As a result of the investigation, Michael SKOURIS, 57 years-of-age, from Wawa, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC), and
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC.
The driver was issued a 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (ADLS) and the vehicle was impounded for 7 days.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on November 9, 2020, in Wawa.
- SE OPP – Festive “Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere” (RIDE) campaign underway - November 20, 2023
- SE OPP – Impaired Charges Laid after ALPR detects expired licence plate - November 9, 2023
- SE OPP Wawa – Charges laid after Disturbance on Broadway - October 24, 2023