On July 16, 2020 members of the Sault Ste. Marie Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a traffic complaint east of Sault Ste. Marie with the vehicle continuing in an easterly direction. The vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed and was not stopping at red traffic lights.
Officers located the vehicle and as a result of the investigation Brian HURLEY, 56 years-old has been charged with the following:
- Operation While Impaired – alcohol and drugs, 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code (CC)
- Operation While Impaired – blood alcohol concentration 80 plus, 320.14(1)(b) CC
- Dangerous Operation, 320.13(1) CC
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on August 17th, 2020.
- Highway 17 – Traffic Delays possible between Serpent River First Nation and Mississauga First Nation - October 21, 2020
- Have you seen Trent? - October 20, 2020
- Nipissing West OPP – Practice Safe Winter Driving Habits - October 19, 2020