On July 3, 2020, at approximately 9:45 a.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a domestic dispute in Wawa.
As a result of the investigation, a 30-year-old person was arrested and charged with the following:
- Assault – Spousal, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke, Suffocate or Strangle another Person, contrary to section 246(a) of the CC, and
- Cruelty to animals – unnecessary pain, suffering or injury, contrary to section 445.1(1)(a) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in September, 2020, in Wawa.
- SE OPP White River & Marathon OPP – Respond to Train Fire - September 9, 2020
- SE OPP White River – Thunder Bay Male Charged after Altercation - September 9, 2020
- SE OPP White River – Hamilton Resident Charged after Altercation - September 9, 2020