On April 14, 2019, at approximately 2:00 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police responded to a domestic dispute in Chapleau, Ontario.
As a result of the investigation, a 36-year-old male from Chapleau, Ontario was arrested and charged with the following:
- Distribute intimate image without consent, contrary to section 162.1(1) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking given by officer in charge, contrary to section 145(5.1) of the CC.
The accused was subsequently released and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on June 10, 2019, in Chapleau, Ontario. The OPP will not be releasing the name in order to protect the identity of the victim.
Victims in abusive relationships are not alone. If you are in an abusive relationship or know someone who is, there are local resources here to help. You can visit the following websites for more information.
Wawa and Area Victim Services: www.victimserviceswawa.ca
CHADWIC Home: www.chadwichome.com
- SE OPP – Driver stopped for Speeding – found to be impaired - July 31, 2020
- SE OPP Chapleau – Charges Laid after Driver flees RIDE Check - July 28, 2020
- SE OPP Chapleau – Person charged breaching their release conditions - July 4, 2020