Nov 14, 2017 @ 13:34
Tonight’s Council Meeting in Council Chambers will begin at 6 p.m. Ms. Colleen Abbott of the Wawa Public Library will be making a presentation to Council.
Council is expected to approve a donation to the Lori Johnson Memorial Hockey Tournament which will be held this weekend, November 17-19, 2017. A Council Member will be appointed to the Community Drug Strategy Committee and the Wawa Energy Plan Implementation Committee. A waiver of fees will be discussed for the Kitchen and Lounge for the Staff Appreciation Dinner, November 24, 2017.
In Staff Information reports, Council will have the opportunity to ask questions about the following before they are accepted:
(a) Alex Patterson 2017-12: Report for June to August, 2017
(b) Alex Patterson 2017-13: Replacement of TIC Roof
(c) Alex Patterson 2017-14: Report for September, 2017
(d) Alex Patterson 2017-15: Snow Removal in the Sportsfield
(f) CAO 2017-07: October, 2017
(g) Cory Stainthorpe 2017-13: Report for June to September, 2017
(h) Jason Morrison 2017-06: Report for June to September, 2017
In new business, Council will amend Resolution RC17176 – Write Off of Taxes and Vesting of Property (Roll # 57-76-000-002-21400-0000), accept Staff Recommendation and Approve Proposal from Fremlin’s Building Group for the Replacement of the TIC Roof (resolution); Accept Staff Recommendation and Deny Request for Permission to Move Snow Onto Municipal Property (resolution), Accept Staff Recommendation and Approve Transfer of Funds – Water Tower Reservoir Rehabilitation Project (resolution), and Approve Written Submission Form – Preparatory Materials: Consultation for Municipal Representatives (resolution).
The following by-laws will be read:
- By-Law No. 3079-17 – to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meetings held on the 9th of November, 2017 and the 14th day of November, 2017.
- By-Law No. 3080-17 – to amend By-Law No. 3040-17 to enter into an Agreement with the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation for The Wawa Goose Celebrates Canada’s 150th (Project #8220141).
- By-Law No. 3081-17 – to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Desbarats to Echo Bay Planning Board to undertake the Northern Information Technology Geomatics Cooperative and provided related services to the Board.
- By-Law No. 3082-17 – to adopt Municipality of Wawa Policy No. PE-010: Smudging Protocol.
Council will be holding an in-camera meeting tonight to discuss the following matters:
- Legal Issue (1 Item): Insurance Claim – litigation or potential litigation, including matters before administrative tribunals, affecting the municipality or local board (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (e))
- Legal Issue (1 Item): Disclosure of Closed Meeting Information – advice that is subject to solicitor client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (f))
- Personal Issue (1 Item): Sewer Issues – personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (b))
Latest posts by Brenda Grundt (see all)
- Special Council Meeting Tonight – July 23 - July 23, 2019
- Statement from Minister Yurek on Receiving the Special Advisor’s Report on Recycling and Plastic Waste - July 23, 2019
- Northeast Forest Fire Update – July 22 - July 23, 2019