On January 23, 2021, at approximately 3:00 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to the report of a domestic dispute in Wawa. As a result of the investigation, a 51-year-old person, from Wawa, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Assault – Spousal, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC) (Two Counts), and
- Failure to comply with undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the CC (Four Counts).
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in March 2021, in Wawa.
- SE OPP Wawa – RIDE check results in Impaired Charge for Goulais Man - May 27, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made in Domestic Dispute on Hillcrest - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made after domestic dispute - January 26, 2021