On April 7, 2019, at approximately 5:30 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an unwanted person call at a business in White River, Ontario.
The suspect was asked to leave the premises by the business owner and police but refused to comply. As officers approached the male to arrest him, he struck one of the officers in the face. Wyatt DOUGLAS, a 27-year-old male from Halifax, Nova Scotia, was charged with the following:
- Assault a Peace Officer, contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC,
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on May 6, 2019, in Wawa, Ontario.
Latest posts by Superior East Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- SE OPP Chapleau – Male Charged with Mischief - April 23, 2019
- SE OPP Chapleau – Traffic Complaint Leads to 80+ Charge - April 16, 2019
- SE OPP Chapleau – Charge Male for sharing photos without consentT - April 15, 2019