The annual Provincial Seatbelt Campaign runs from March 30 to April 2, 2018. OPP are offering the following tips:
If you’re pregnant, you still need to wear a seatbelt. You should:
- Wear both the lap and shoulder belt,
- Sit as upright as possible, and
- Wear the lap belt low so it pulls downward on your pelvic bones and not across your stomach.
A driver can be charged and face a fine totalling $240 and two demerit points for seatbelt infractions.
- East Algoma OPP – Assault Charges Laid after Assault - August 8, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – Have you seen this snowmobile trailer? - August 8, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – 27th Impaired Charge laid in 2022 - August 8, 2022