The annual Provincial Seatbelt Campaign runs from March 30 to April 2, 2018. OPP are offering the following tips:
If you’re pregnant, you still need to wear a seatbelt. You should:
- Wear both the lap and shoulder belt,
- Sit as upright as possible, and
- Wear the lap belt low so it pulls downward on your pelvic bones and not across your stomach.
A driver can be charged and face a fine totalling $240 and two demerit points for seatbelt infractions.
- East Algoma OPP – 16 year old charged with mischief - September 18, 2023
- OPP investigate collision that Claims two lives – Finmark Road, Shabaqua Township - September 17, 2023
- Driver Charged after a collision on Highway 144 - September 13, 2023