On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, at approximately 1:00 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment responded to a local business for a theft of gas report. Police investigation revealed that the motor vehicle in question was stolen from the Thunder Bay area.
A full description of the male driver and the automobile was broadcast. The vehicle was later observed by police travelling southbound on Highway 17 at a high rate of speed. With the assistance of the Sault Ste. Marie OPP a spike belt was deployed and the male was subsequently taken into custody.
As a result, Adam BRADY (21) of Thunder Bay Ontario was charged with the following offences:
- Adult Theft Under $5000 x 2 contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle contrary to section 249(1)(a) of the C.C.C,
- Adult Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer contrary to section 249.1(1) of the C.C.C,
- Adult Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 contrary to section 355(a) of the C.C.C,
- Adult Fail to Comply with Undertaking x 2 contrary to section 145(3) of the C.C.C.
The accused has been held in custody pending a bail hearing in Sault Ste Marie Ontario.