Community

Happenings at Wawa First United – Fourth Sunday after Pentecost

Although we cannot meet for Worship together you may like to read the Scriptures for June 20th, 2021 Fourth Sunday after Pentecost. 1 Samuel 17:  1a, 4-11, 19-230, 32-49   David & Goliath.          or 1 Samuel 17: 57-18:5, 10-16                    David meets Saul & Jonathan Psalm 9: 9-20                            I will tell of God’s marvelous deeds     or Psalm 133                             It is ...

Read More »

Between the Covers – June 16

New books on the 7-Day Shelf this week are; “The Weekend Away” by Sarah Alderson, “The Good Sister” by Sally Hepworth, “Northern Spy” by Flynn Berry and “Broken Horses” by Brandi Carlile.   Our Staff Pick of the Week this week is “The Clockmaker’s Daughter” by Kate Morton. (from book jacket) My real name, no one remembers. The truth about ...

Read More »

News from the Park – R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I learned long ago that one of the hardest thing to achieve and the very easiest to lose is respect.  Our parents, teachers and others who are involved in our personal development as a person start to teach us this lesson from an early age.  And in my mind, it is one of those lessons that is fundamentally true no ...

Read More »

News from the Park – R-E-S-P-E-C-T

J’ai appris il y a longtemps que l’une des choses les plus difficiles à réaliser et les plus faciles à perdre est le respect. Nos parents, enseignants et autres personnes impliquées dans notre développement personnel commencent à nous enseigner cette leçon dès le plus jeune âge. Et dans mon esprit, c’est l’une de ces leçons qui est fondamentalement vraie, peu ...

Read More »

Happy 50th Anniversary Lynn and Tina!

Happy 50th Anniversary Lynn and Tina! Congratulations to both of you on reaching this milestone.  Wishing you both many more wonderful years of happiness together. Much love from your family and friends.

Read More »

Ontario Introduces Streamlined Employment Supports

trillium

The Ontario government is making it easier for people to restart their careers and support their families through the creation of an integrated and seamless employment services system. The new system will combine employment programs from social assistance, such as Ontario Works Employment Assistance and Ontario Disability Support Program Employment Supports, into Employment Ontario. This modernized approach will ensure clients ...

Read More »

L’Ontario adopte des mesures de soutien à l’emploi simplifiées

trillium

Le gouvernement de l’Ontario permet aux gens de redémarrer plus facilement leur carrière et de soutenir leur famille grâce à la création d’un système de services d’emploi intégré et homogène. Le nouveau système regroupera les programmes d’emploi de l’aide sociale, comme l’aide à l’emploi du Programme Ontario au travail et le volet Soutien de l’emploi du Programme ontarien de soutien ...

Read More »

Happenings at Wawa First United Church – June 9

Although we cannot meet for Worship together you may like to read the Scriptures for June 13th, the Third Sunday after Pentecost. 1 Samuel 15:34-16:13   David is anointed as King Psalm 20                       Trust not in horses or chariots, but in God. 2 Corinthians 5:6-10, (11-13), 14-17  Walk by faith, not by sight. Mark 4: 26-34            Parables of the growing seed ...

Read More »

Ontario to Move to Step One of Roadmap to Reopen on June 11

Based on the provincewide vaccination rate and continuing improvements in key public health and health system indicators, the Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, will move the province into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021. “Thanks to the ongoing success of Team Ontario’s vaccine rollout and ...

Read More »

News from the Park – The Passage of Time

What in this world could you say is more consistent than the passage of time?  Whenever I see a grandfather clock with its pendulum swinging, I can’t help but marvel at its ability to mark time as it passes with incredible consistency and accuracy.  Despite the fact that clocks are an invention of man and the technology is centuries old, ...

Read More »

News from the Park – le passage du temps

Qu’y a-t-il de plus cohérent que le passage du temps ? Chaque fois que je vois une horloge grand-père avec son pendule oscillant, je ne peux m’empêcher de m’émerveiller de sa capacité à marquer le temps qui passe avec une cohérence et une précision incroyable. Malgré le fait que les horloges soient une invention de l’homme et que la technologie ...

Read More »

Happenings at Wawa First United Church – June 2

Although we cannot meet for Worship together you may like to read the Scriptures for June 6th, 2021, Second Sunday after Pentecost 1 Samuel 8:4-11, (12-15), 16-20; (11:14-15) Appoint a king for Israel . Psalm 138                           I praise God with all my heart. 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1    Our inner nature is renewed day by day. Mark 3:13-5:1                    Who gives power to ...

Read More »