Investigation determined the driver had a suspended license and no insurance on the vehicle. In addition, a rifle and numerous rounds of ammunition were located in the vehicle. The driver was on prior conditions to not possess these items. The vehicle was towed and the driver was arrested.
Jonathon LAVOIE, 63 years-old, of Elliot Lake was charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (Two Counts), contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm, contrary to section 94 of the CC
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm (Two Counts), contrary to section 92(1) of the CC
- Possession of Firearm of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (Seven Counts), contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC
- Driving While Under Suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Owner Operate Motor Vehicle on a Highway – No Insurance, contrary to section 2(1)(a) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River on July 11, 2022.
- Hornepayne OPP – Trafficking Charges Laid - September 28, 2023
- SE OPP – Blind River Man Charged after Traffic Complaint - September 28, 2023
- SE OPP Hornepayne – ATV Impounded, Driver Charged while driving under suspension - September 28, 2023