The first was reported at 09:51 a.m., at a local energy fuel warehouse on Station Road and Highway 17 West in the Municipality of Huron Shores and occurred sometime between May 29th and May 30th, 2022.
Items stolen were:
- 2019 Can Am Commander side-by-side ($23,000 value)
- 2016 Husqvarna snow bike, orange in color ($15,000 value)
- 2019 KTM 500 snow bike, orange in color ($15,000 value)
- and numerous parts for these bikes
Total approximate value was $60,000.
The other break and enter was reported at 10:53 a.m., at a hardware business on Main Street in Plummer Additional Township and occurred sometime between May 30th and May 31st, 2022.
Items stolen were:
· various lengths of copper pipe ($900 value)
· washer top load ($650 value)
· portable air conditioner ($600 value)
· three Benchmark generators -two 6250W and 4000W ($1,900 value)
· hand appliance dolly ($175 value)
· two portable generators ($1100 value)
· portable barbeque ($380 value)
· Radley pressure washer ($400 value)
· three Radley lawn trimmer ($160 value)
· three Radley cordless lawn mowers ($750 value)
· four aluminum camp chairs ($150 value)
· 9-foot umbrella ($90 value)
· 8-foot fibreglass ladder ($340 value)
· wheelbarrow ($100 value)
· cordless snow blower ($550 value)
· other miscellaneous items
Total approximate value was $9,900
Police located and seized an enclosed trailer on Cloudslee Road in Plummer Additional Township and executed a search warrant on June 2nd, 2022. Found in the trailer was the bulk of stolen property from both businesses.
On June 8, 2022, at approximately 1:30 p.m., police located and arrested one individual connected to the two break and enters.
As a result, Richard LYNDON, 50 years-of-age from Bruce Mines was charged with:
- Break, Enter a Place-Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Theft Over $5000, contrary to section 334(a) of the CC (three counts)
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC
- Theft Under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on August 4, 2022.
The investigation is on-going.
Any person with information regarding the person(s) responsible for these thefts should immediately contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 or their nearest police authority.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit information online at www.saultcrimestoppers.com where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.
- East Algoma OPP – Assault Charges Laid after Assault - August 8, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – Have you seen this snowmobile trailer? - August 8, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – 27th Impaired Charge laid in 2022 - August 8, 2022