Police were notified of the early morning break and enter on June 7, 2022. Entry was gained through a window and numerous electronic items and cash was stolen from inside. Police later identified the person in the video surveillance and a subsequent arrest was made.
Wesley MAYNES, 64 years-old, of Elliot Lake was charged with:
- Break, Enter a Dwelling House – Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Theft Under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC
- Trespassing at Night, contrary to section 177 of the CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake, on July 5, 2022.
- East Algoma OPP – Arrest made after theft call - September 30, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – Person arrested after traffic stop - September 30, 2022
- Nipigon OPP – Collision between Bus and Pickup being Investigated - September 28, 2022