May 19, 2025 at 07:56
- Today – Showers ending early this morning then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. High 12. UV index 4 or moderate.
- Tonight – Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning late this evening. Fog patches developing after midnight. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Temperature steady near 10.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Confirmed Cases in 2022||6,173||6,164||9|
|Deceased in 2022||34||33||1|
|Central & East Algoma||850||848||2|
|Elliot Lake & Area||452||449||3|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||6,783||6,779||4|
Forest Fire Update:
There are thirteen active fires in the Northeast Region. Local fires are:
- Chapleau 2: 60 hectare fire, 2.5 kilometres south of Hwy 101 and 6 kilometres west of Foleyet and is under control.
- Chapleau 3 is a 15 hectare fire located approximately 15 kilometres south of Biscotasi Lake and is being held.
- Sault Ste. Marie 9: Confirmed this afternoon. It is a 0.2 hectare fire located next to Esten Drive South in Eliot Lake, 200 metres west of Nordic Lake. The Elliot Lake fire department were first on scene, with the assistance of a FireRanger crew shortly after. The fire is being held.
- Chapleau 7: Confirmed this afternoon. It’s a 0.3 hectare fire located two kilometres north of Vincent Lake and two kilometres south of Grip Lake. It is not under control.
- Be careful when driving to the Soo. Cattle from the collision at Old Woman Bay have now been seen at Rabbit Blanket (about 8km away).