On November 27, 2018, the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a driving complaint on Highway 17 near the St. Joseph Island turnoff in Johnson Township, Ontario.
The complainant reported people in a small pick-up truck sitting on each other’s laps operating in an unsafe manner. Police observed the pick-up truck travelling on Taylor Street in Bruce Mines. It was travelling at a high rate of speed which was confirmed on radar. The vehicle was subsequently stopped. Investigation also revealed the male driver had no driver’s license.
Shawn BISAILLON, 18 years of age, from Thessalon First Nation, Ontario was charged with:
- Speeding 1 – 49 Km/h over posted limit, contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA),
- Drive motor vehicle – no license, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA,
- Drive motor vehicle, no currently validated permit, contrary to section 7(1)(a) of the HTA.
- East Algoma OPP – Stolen Pontoon Boat Found (motor missing) - June 11, 2021
- East Algoma OPP – Weekend Report - June 8, 2021
- North East Region’s Victim Response Support Unit – offers support to Manitoulin Island residents - June 3, 2021