On November 27, 2018, the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a driving complaint on Highway 17 near the St. Joseph Island turnoff in Johnson Township, Ontario.
The complainant reported people in a small pick-up truck sitting on each other’s laps operating in an unsafe manner. Police observed the pick-up truck travelling on Taylor Street in Bruce Mines. It was travelling at a high rate of speed which was confirmed on radar. The vehicle was subsequently stopped. Investigation also revealed the male driver had no driver’s license.
Shawn BISAILLON, 18 years of age, from Thessalon First Nation, Ontario was charged with:
- Speeding 1 – 49 Km/h over posted limit, contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA),
- Drive motor vehicle – no license, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA,
- Drive motor vehicle, no currently validated permit, contrary to section 7(1)(a) of the HTA.
Latest posts by Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- Thunder Bay OPP – Highway 11/17 remains closed west of 102 Junction – UPDATE - January 13, 2020
- 2019 Festive RIDE Results are Disappointing and Concerning - January 10, 2020
- East Algoma OPP Investigate Fatal Collision – UPDATE - January 7, 2020