If your health card is expired, are you aware that you no longer have Ontario Health Insurance coverage and exactly what that means to you?
- You will NOT qualify for the Northern Ontario Travel Grant
- You will have to pay “up front” if you require out of town testing such as an MRI, labs, diagnostic imagining or medical procedures, consultations and professional services.
- You will have to pay “up front” if you are traveling in another province and require health care
- You will be billed for all routine clinic appointments
- You may be REFUSED a consultation appointment with a specialist.
You can renew your health card, free of charge, at the Wawa Services Ontario office, located at the Ministry of Natural Resources building on Mission Road.
Office hours are:
Monday 11 am – 3 pm
Tuesday 11 am – 3 pm
Wednesday 1 pm – 5 pm
Thursday 11 am – 3 pm
Friday 11 am – 3 pm
Once you have renewed your health card, please bring your new card into our office, at 17 Government Road, Wawa, so your coverage can be seamlessly re-instated.
SOURCE – Wawa Family Health Team
Latest posts by This Media Release (see all)
- News from the Park – Ontarians are Resilient - February 19, 2019
- Sol Mamakwa supports Cat Lake’s call for immediate action on public health emergency - February 19, 2019
- Premier Doug Ford – Family Day - February 18, 2019