As a result of the investigation, a 35-year-old person, from Chapleau, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Assault – Spousal, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC (Two Counts), and
- Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC (Two Counts).
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in October, 2020, in Chapleau.
- SE OPP Chapleau – Arrest made after Domestic Dispute - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP looking for information in Chapleau Break and Enter - January 20, 2021
- SE OPP Chapleau – Traffic Stop results in Drug and Currency Seizure & Arrests - December 21, 2020