On September 16, 2020, at approximately 6:50 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a complaint of a person towing a boat with an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) with a second person riding in the boat consuming alcohol.
Police located the ATV and driver on a gravel road just south of Hornepayne. A short time later, it was determined that the driver was impaired by alcohol.
As a result of the investigation, David MACDONNELL, 58 years-of-age, from Hornepayne, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC, and
- Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code, contrary to section 320.18(1)(a) of the CC (Two Counts).
The driver was issued a 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (ADLS) and the vehicle was impounded for 45 days.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on December 17, 2020, in Hornepayne.
- SE OPP Chapleau – Officers arrest and Charge person after domestic dispute - October 24, 2020
- SE OPP – Operation Impact - October 15, 2020
- SE OPP White River – CDSA Warrant results in Posession and Multiple trafficking charges - October 15, 2020