On September 6, 2020, at approximately 11:28 a.m. members from the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a trespass complaint at a business in Espanola.
The person trespassing was in the company of another person and both left prior to police arrival. Police investigation determined that the two persons involved were on conditions not to be together from a previous domestic violence investigation.
Later that same day police located and arrested the person breaching their release conditions, who was also found to be in possession of suspected cocaine and heroin (approximate street value of $1350).
As a result, a 24-year-old, from Webbwood was arrested and charged with:
- Failure to Comply with Release Order – Other Than to Attend Court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Cocaine, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA); and
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Heroin, contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA.
The accused was released on an Undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on November 2020, in Espanola.
The OPP will not be releasing the name of the accused in order to protect the identity of the victim.
- East Algoma OPP – Traffic Complaint leads to Impaired Driver being arrested - October 26, 2021
- East Algoma OPP – Arrest made again for break and enter - October 26, 2021
- Manitoulin OPP – Arrest made after attack on Panache Lake Road - October 26, 2021