On May 15, 2020, at approximately 7:45 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to the report of an assault in Wawa.
As a result of the investigation, Spencer WRIGHT, 25 years-of-age, from Chatam-Kent, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Assault, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), and
- Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC (Three Counts).
The accused was remanded into custody pending a hearing.
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made in Domestic Dispute on Hillcrest - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made after domestic dispute - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Suspected drugs, cash & weapon seized from residence on Mackey Street - January 26, 2021