On February 1, 2020, at approximately 9:10 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting a Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) checkpoint on Highway 17 near Wawa, Ontario.
A vehicle entered the checkpoint and officers detected the odour of cannabis emanating from the vehicle. A subsequent search of the vehicle led to the discovery of stolen property and a large sum of cash. During the interaction, one of the passengers of the vehicle falsely identified themselves to police.
As a result of the investigation, Dorian LANGFORD, a 24-year-old, from Scarborough, Ontario, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Obstruct Peace Officer (Two Counts), contrary to section 129(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Breach of Recognizance, contrary to section 811 of the CC.
Chanel PRYCE, an 18-year-old, from Toronto, Ontario, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000, contrary to section 355(b) of the CC,
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000, contrary to section 354(1)(a).
Both accused parties were released and are scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on April 6, 2020, in Wawa, Ontario.
- SE OPP Wawa – Person arrested and charged with Uttering Threats - March 17, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Collision results in Impaired Charges - March 17, 2020
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest Person with Criminal Harassment - March 6, 2020