Tag Archives: Friday Morning News

Friday Morning News – May 17

Weather – Clearing this morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High 12. UV index 6 or high. Tonight, a few clouds. Low zero. News Tidbits – A congratulations to Constable Denny Lambert who received the Anishinabek Police Service (APS) Peace Officer of the Year at the 2019 Crime Stoppers of SSM and Algoma District Peace Officer Awards ...

Read More »

Saturday Morning News – December 22

Weather – Today, a mix of sun and cloud. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 9. Wind chill minus 23 in the morning and minus 13 in the afternoon. UV index 1 or low. Tonight – Partly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 15. Wind chill minus 13 in the evening and minus 21 overnight. Roads – ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – November 30

Weather – Periods of snow becoming mixed with a few rain showers this afternoon. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. High plus 1. Wind chill minus 8 in the morning. Tonight – Flurries with risk of freezing drizzle. Amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 4. Wind chill near minus 6. News ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – November 16

Weather Today – Periods of snow ending near noon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. Temperature falling to minus 2 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 9 in the afternoon. UV index 1 or low. Tonight – Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – November 9

Weather Today – Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. High zero. Wind chill minus 9 in the morning. Tonight – Snow ending overnight then cloudy. Amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 13. Wind chill minus 6 in the evening and minus 20 overnight.   News Tidbits –

Read More »

Friday Morning News – October 25

Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries this morning. High plus 3. UV index 2 or low. Tonight – Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of drizzle. Low plus 1.Weather – News Tidbits- Naturally Superior Adventures is holding their annual Empty the freezer on Sunday, reserve your seat today. 20 years after his murder, Matthew Shepard’s parents prepare to lay ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – July 13

Weather – Clearing this morning. Fog patches dissipating late this morning. High 22. Humidex 27. UV index 9 or very high. Marine – Wind south 15 knots diminishing to southwest 10 early this morning except light near the north end. Wind becoming light this afternoon then becoming southeast 10 this evening except light over eastern sections. Wind becoming light Saturday afternoon. Waves  one ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – June 15

Jun 15, 2018 @ 07:46 Weather – A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this afternoon. High 22. UV index 9 or very high. Marine – Wind southeast 10 knots increasing to southeast 15 near noon then diminishing to southeast 10 near noon Saturday. Waves one half metre or less building ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – May 25

May 25, 2018 @ 06:56 Weather – Mainly cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers and risk of a thunderstorm. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 20. UV index 5 or moderate. Marine – Wind southwest 15 knots backing to south 15 early this morning then diminishing to southeast 10 this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 15 this evening then diminishing to ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – May 18

May 18, 2018 @ 08:12 Weather – A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. UV index 7 or high. Tonight temperatures will drop to 7. Marine – Today Tonight and Saturday.Strong wind warning in effect.Wind east 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 near noon then diminishing to northeast 10 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to north 20 Saturday evening.Waves one metre ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – May 4th

May 4, 2018 @ 07:48 Weather – Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late this morning and this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 13. UV index 5 or moderate. News Tidbits – May the Fourth be with you! Today is Star Wars Day, May 4, which celebrates George Lucas’ Star Wars saga. The Star is ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – April 13

Weather – Today will be a mix of sun and cloud. Wind northeast 20 km/h. High plus 1. UV index 6 or high. Tonight it will be partly cloudy. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h late this evening. Low minus 14. A potential winter storm is expected Sunday into Monday from Lake Superior Provincial Park to the east. Environment Canada warns ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – March 30

Weather – Today will see a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 3. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight is expected to be partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – March 16

Weather Today Mainly sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 1. Wind chill minus 27 this morning. UV index 3 or moderate. Tonight A few clouds. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 19.   Roads 101 Timmins to Highway 144 bare and dry road with bare and wet road, partly snow covered sections. ...

Read More »

Friday Morning News – March 9

Mar 9, 2018 @ 07:57 Weather Today Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. High minus 4. Tonight Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 12.   Roads 101 Timmins to Highway 144 bare and wet road with partly snow covered sections. 2018-03-09 2:25 101 Highway 144 to Shawmere River bare and wet road with partly snow ...

Read More »