Dec 20, 2022 at 07:56
- Today – Snow and local blowing snow. Amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h then southwest 30 gusting to 60 this morning. High -3 with temperature falling to -7 this afternoon. Wind chill -16 this morning and -11 this afternoon.
- Tonight – Flurries. Local blowing snow early this evening. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 17. Wind chill -14 this evening and -21 overnight.
There is a winter weather travel advisory in effect for today. Snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm by this afternoon, and reduced visibility due to heavy snow and blowing snow. In addition, a significant winter storm expected late this week into the holiday weekend.
- If you are headed to the Soo, be careful. The sure-to-be lonely cow has been seen once again on the shoulder of the highway in the Old Woman Bay area.
- There is a special council meeting tonight to present the 2023 Capital Budget.
- Tbay Tel is reporting that 5G will be available in Thunder Bay in 2023 – can we speculate that maybe along the Hwy 17 corridor in the future?
Holiday News Tips from the Wawa Fire Department
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)
- Morning News – June 5 - June 5, 2023
- Morning News – June 3 - June 3, 2023
- Power Outage Affects Wawa & Area – RESTORED - June 2, 2023