Apr 11, 2022 at 07:56
- Today – Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning this morning and ending this afternoon then 60% chance of showers. Periods of snow over higher terrain this morning. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 60 becoming southwest 40 gusting to 70 this afternoon. High 6. UV index 2 or low.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers this evening. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 this evening then becoming light later this evening. Low -3. Wind chill -7 overnight.
|Current||Previous||Change from previous report|
|Confirmed Cases in 2022||4,903||4,857||46|
|Deceased in 2022||25||25|
|Central & East Algoma||704||700||4|
|Elliot Lake & Area||311||305||6|
|Sault Ste. Marie & Area||5,829||5,793||36|
- If you are headed to the Soo – a disabled tractor-trailer has closed one lane Hwy 17 reduced to one lane just south of the Landfill site north of Montreal River Harbour.
- Highway construction season is just around the corner. The twinning of 14.4 kilometres of Highway 11/17 starting east of Highway 587 easterly towards Nipigon will begin later this summer and includes:
- Two new bridges over Pearl River (one eastbound and one westbound)
- New alignment of Highway 11/17 south of the existing highway at Pearl River
- Realignment of municipal road connections at West Loon Road/Mirror Lake Road, East Loon Road, Silver Lake Road and Road No. 5 South
- Two new concrete culverts at Oyster Creek
- Drainage improvements
- New lighting at new municipal road intersections and four to two-lane transitions
- The Ontario government is providing $109 million to refurbish 56 GO Transit bi-level rail coaches at the Ontario Northland Remanufacturing and Repair Centre in North Bay. This is in addition to the 94 GO Transit bi-level rail coaches that will be refurbished for $171 million at the Alstom Plant in Thunder Bay.
- Todd Smith, Minister of Energy, will be joined by Greg Rickford, Minister of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry to make an announcement at 11 a.m. in Wawa
- Solicitor General Sylvia Jones will make an announcement at 2 p.m. in Mississauga