Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 late this morning. High 12. UV index 5 or moderate.
Tonight – Becoming partly cloudy this evening. Periods of rain beginning overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Low plus 5.
Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma
|Updated: April 4, 2021 7:00 p.m.|
Total doses administered: 24,421
|Dose||# of Algoma residents who have received immunization||% eligible Algoma residents who have received immunization (adults 16+)||% all Algoma residents who have received immunization (any age)|
|People partially immunized with first dose only||21,103||21.81%||18.44%|
|People fully immunized with first and second dose||1,659||1.71%||1.45%|
|Total people immunized (first dose and/or fully vaccinated):||22,762||23.53%||19.89%|
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services has been designated as the province’s 13th Indigenous children’s aid society. The official designation will enable Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services (NCFS) to provide culturally-based services and supports to more Indigenous children and families in the Districts of Nipissing and Parry Sound, and the City of Greater Sudbury.
Licensing fees have been waived for bear hunting and baitfish harvesters and dealers. Additionally, Land Use Fees for Commercial Outpost Camps, Bear Management Area fees and Baitfish Harvest Area fees have been waived.
A working group of conservation experts to identify opportunities to protect and conserve more natural areas in order to enhance the province’s natural diversity and provide more recreational opportunities for people to enjoy the outdoors has been created.
- Peter Kendall (Chair), Executive Director, Schad Foundation
- Andre Vallillee, Environment Program Director, Metcalf Foundation
- Chris McDonell, Chief Forester, Rayonier Advanced Materials
- David Flood, Chair, General Manager, Wahkohtowin Development GP Inc.
- Geoff Burt, CEO, Consecon Foundation
- George Ross, former Deputy Minister of Northern Development and Mines, and Research and Innovation and Consumer Services
- John Beaucage, Principal, Counsel Public Affairs and former Chief of Wasauksing First Nation
- John Snobelen, former Minister of Natural Resources
- Lorne Johnson, Vice-President, Ivey Foundation
- Lynette Mader, Manager of Provincial Operations, Ducks Unlimited
- Mike Hendren, Vice-President (Ontario Region), Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Paul Genest, Senior Vice-President, Power Corporation
The working group will explore a number of areas, such as identifying opportunities and addressing barriers to increasing protected and conserved natural areas, and how public-private partnerships could be used to further advance conservation efforts. The working group will deliver a report with recommendations to the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
Did you know? Some scenes from Die Hard 2 were filmed at Kincheloe Air Force Base – SooToday has a article about the base.