On the evening of November 10, 2020, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) and Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) warrant at a residence on Lapointe Street in the Town of Spanish. Police seized suspected Crack Cocaine, Cocaine, and Crystal Methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, as well as small amount of Canadian currency, that had a combined estimated street value of $660.
Logan ST. AMANT, 23-years-old, of Spanish, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine contrary to section 5(2) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA);
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine contrary to section 5(2) CDSA; and with
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River, on January 7, 2021.
- OPP offer reward to solve 1990 Manitouwadge Murder - May 19, 2022
- East Algoma OPP – Elliot Lake Man charged after being recognized on video using stolen cards - May 18, 2022
- OPP – Canada Road Safety Week (CRSW) - May 17, 2022