On August 9, 2020, shortly after 1:30 p.m., members from the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a call for service on Beckett Boulevard in the City of Elliot Lake.
Investigation determined the call was unfounded, however, drugs were located on a person associated to the initial complaint and as a result, Karl BRASCH, age 27, of Spanish, was charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Other Drugs, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA);
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking-Other Drugs, contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA; and with
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on October 6, 2020.
- Nipigon OPP lay charges in Abduction - September 22, 2020
- East Algoma OPP – Sudbury Man Charged with Impaired - September 22, 2020
- East Algoma OPP – Arrest Driver found unconscious behind the wheel in parking lot - September 21, 2020