Community

Between the Covers – October 14

This week’s New Books are “The Book of Lost Names” by Kristin Harmel, “Never Ask Me” by  Jeff Abbott, “The Order” by Daniel Silva and “Half Moon Bay” by Jonathan & Jesse Kellerman. The New Movies cataloged this week are “Game Night” and “Booksmart” available in DVD and “Planet Earth” and “X-Men Origins Wolverine” available in Blu-Ray!  Come on in ...

Read More »

End of the Rope

It had rained all day when I received a phone call in the early afternoon. A male voice asking if I still had anything to do with the Humane Society? Loaded question – Why? “No, we don’t have a Humane Society anymore… What is the problem?” is all could stumble. Well, l thought… you were involved… there is this little ...

Read More »

Happenings at First United Church – Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost

Although we cannot meet for Worship together you may like to read the Scriptures for 18 October 2020. Exodus 33: 12-23       God speaks to Moses face to face as a friend.. Psalm 99                     God is a ruler who delights in justice. 1 Thessalonians 1: 1-10  We always give thanks to God for you. Matthew 22: 1-10     Give to God the ...

Read More »

News from the Park – Messages inefficaces et mixtes sur COVID-19

Quand j’étais petit, un ami de ma mère habitait à quelques portes de la rue.  De ma perspective à cette époque, je pensais qu’elle était assez vieille.  C’est drôle parce que, en pensant à elle aujourd’hui, j’ai maintenant le drôle de sentiment qu’elle n’était pas vraiment si vieille.  Je ne peux pas imaginer pourquoi ma conception de l’âge a changé ...

Read More »

WCFB Thanks Wesdome for their Help

On behalf of the Wawa Community Food Bank, as well the individuals and families that access our services, we would like to extend our sincerest thanks and gratitude to Wesdome Gold Mines – Eagle River Complex for their contribution totaling $16,976.05. Their financial contribution and opportunity to utilize Wesdome’s Sysco account allowed us to provide a larger variety of grocery ...

Read More »

ANDERSEN, Nanna Barbara

Nanna passed away quietly and peacefully in her sleep in her 93rd year on October 2, 2020. Nanna is predeceased by her husband Hans Andersen, son Ken Andersen, son in law Eric Bruce, sisters Ruth Pedersen, Rita Elbæk, and brother Kaj Thomsen and has gone to join them in Valhalla. She will be lovingly remembered by daughter Barbara Andersen, her ...

Read More »

SSM OPP – Participating in Operation Impact

Members of the Sault Ste. Marie Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) will be participating in Operation Impact this Thanksgiving long weekend which runs from Friday October 9 to Monday October 12, 2020. The campaign focuses on increasing public compliance with safe driving measures and targets the following behaviours known as the “Big Four”: Alcohol/drug impaired driving Seatbelt compliance ...

Read More »

From the Branch – Thanksgiving

Do you say thanks for still living? How about for not being hungry, or having a HOME, and for being FREE. For NOT having COVID-19, For love and being loved, but loved by your friends and neighbors. Did you thank a veteran for serving and making sure you live in FREEDOM? Just be Thankful for being YOU! Because WE love ...

Read More »

LDHCF – Catch the Ace Week 4

Congratulations to Lynne Davidson, winner of Week 4 of the Foundation’s Catch the Ace Lottery! The Foundation is happy to announce that the progressive jackpot continues to grow; it sits at $2000 as Week 5 begins. Here are the results of Week 4: Weekly Pot: $353 Progressive Jackpot: $2,000 Winner: Lynne Davidson Envelope #41 revealed Ace of Hearts   Tickets ...

Read More »

Odds and ends where do I begin?

Odds and ends where do I begin? Although my activity as a “garbologist ” is limited; deep down in my heart, that commitment to a better, cleaner environment will never die. I still carry a bag on my outings and pick up trash as I go. Upsetting is it to me how many masks are being tossed away, just like ...

Read More »

Between the Covers – October 7

Our reopening policy is available to read on the library website (wawa.olsn.ca). We will be allowing five people in at a time for no more than 15 minutes at a time.  Anyone wishing to use the public computers must call ahead to book a time.  This is to avoid having too many people in the library. The time limit on ...

Read More »

BERRY, Alan

January 25, 1957 – October 5, 2020 Passed away suddenly at the Lady Dunn Health Centre on Monday. Loving, caring, and devoted husband of Tina for 38 years. Beloved father to Susan (Mike). Adored stepfather to Suzanne, Carolyn, Patrick (Michèle) and Shelly. Poppa Al to Alyssa, Brianna, David, Samantha (Taylor), Michelle, Joel (Chelsie), Henri, Céleste, Eric, Julia, Alex, Adam and ...

Read More »