Author Archives: Brenda Stockton

Morning News – April 2nd

Weather: Sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. High plus 4. Wind chill minus 16 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Clear. Increasing cloudiness near midnight. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 2. Wind chill near minus 6.   Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested Confirmed cases Active cases Currently ...

Read More »

5 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#230-#234)

Algoma Public Health is reporting 5 new cases of COVID-19, all from Sault Ste. Marie and area. All cases are of close contact, are self-isolating and were tested today, April 1st, 2021. All close contacts are notified by Algoma Public Health. Algoma Public Health is advising anyone who visited Tim Hortons in Sault Ste. Marie, located at the corner of ...

Read More »

Morning News – April 1st

March is done, the last ice hut is off the lake – Spring can come now and stay! Weather: Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High zero. Wind chill minus 19 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 15. Wind chill minus 5 this evening and minus 19 overnight. Status ...

Read More »

Red Pine completes consolidation of the Wawa Gold Project

Red Pine Exploration Inc. is pleased to announce that it has completed its previously announced consolidation of the Wawa Gold Project through a definitive securities purchase agreement with the holders of the partnership interests in Citabar Limited Partnership. As a result, Red Pine now holds a 100% ownership interest in the Wawa Gold Project located near Wawa, Ontario. Please see ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 31st

Weather: Cloudy with 70 percent chance of flurries at times heavy. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 3. Wind chill minus 13 this morning and minus 7 this afternoon. UV index 2 or low. Tonight – Mainly cloudy. 70 percent chance of flurries at times heavy early this evening then 30 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind north 20 ...

Read More »

APH: 1 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#229)

Algoma Public Health (APH) has reported a new case of COVID-19 from Elliot Lake & Area. In this close contact case, the individual was tested March 28, 2021 and is self-isolating. All close contacts have been notified directly.  

Read More »

What do you think of the Marina?

The Municipality has formed a Marina Advisory Committee comprised of Municipal Staff and members of the community of Wawa. At the Marina Committee Meeting held March 3rd, 2021, many things were discussed, and the Committee would like to see what services will be available before discussing slip and boat launch fees for 2021. The 2021 Work Plan was discussed and ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 30th

Weather: A few rain showers changing to a few flurries near noon and ending late this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud. Local snowfall amount 2 cm over western sections. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 30 gusting to 50 late this morning. High 6. UV index 2 or low. Tonight – Increasing cloudiness early ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 29th

Weather: Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries this afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High plus 3. Wind chill minus 14 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of showers before morning. Wind south 20 km/h gusting ...

Read More »

APH: 2 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#227-#228)

Algoma Public Health (APH) is reporting an additional 2 new cases of COVID-19. One is from Sault Ste. Marie and area and one is from Central and East Algoma. All close contacts are notified directly through contact tracing. In addition, APH is advising anyone who visited Bath and Body Works in the Station Mall located at 293 Bay St, in ...

Read More »

APH: 1 new confirmed case of COVID-19 (#226)

Mar 28, 2021 at 13:56 Algoma Public Health (APH) is reporting 1 new case of COVID-19, from Sault Ste. Marie and area. Case #226 is of the exposure category ‘unknown’ and is self-isolating. Testing was March 27th, 2021. All close contacts are notified by Algoma Public Health through contact tracing. In addition, APH is advising anyone who visited Tim Hortons ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 26th

Weather: A mix of sun and cloud. Wind up to 15 km/h. High plus 3. Wind chill minus 13 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – Becoming cloudy this evening then periods of rain mixed with snow changing to snow near midnight. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 1. Wind chill ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 26th

Weather: Cloudy. Clearing early this afternoon. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this afternoon. High plus 1. Wind chill minus 22 this morning. UV index 4 or moderate. Tonight – A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 10. Wind chill minus 12 overnight. Status of COVID-19 cases in Algoma Tested Confirmed cases Active cases ...

Read More »

Morning News – March 25th

Weather: Light snow / Freezing drizzle is falling, be careful when walking Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries this morning with risk of freezing drizzle. Wind north 20 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 3 this morning then steady. Wind chill minus 8 this afternoon. UV index 2 or low. Tonight – Overcast. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low ...

Read More »

Hwy 11 (Hearst to Nipigon) OPEN

Mar 25, 2021 at 00:55 Highway 11 has been reopened. Mar 24, 2021 at 22:16 Hwy 11 remains closed in both directions between #HWY11/ 17 Junction near Nipigon to Pagwa Road, 100 km East of Longlac due to winter road conditions. Please use caution in the area. Hwy 11 – Approximately 15 km east of Beardmore the northbound lane is ...

Read More »