Environment Canada has issued a Winter Weather Travel Advisory for a large swath of Northern Ontario.
In the Wawa-news reading area:
- Wawa – Pukaskwa Park
- White River – Dubreuilville
- Agawa – Lake Superior Park
- Sault Ste. Marie – St. Joseph Island
- Searchmont – Montreal River Harbour – Batchawana Bay
- Chapleau – Missinaibi Lake
- Gogama – Foleyet
Winter weather travel advisory is in effect for this afternoon and tonight.
A low-pressure system will track across the Great Lakes today and tonight bringing snowfall accumulations of 7 – 15 cm of snow by Wednesday morning. Heavy snow at times could reduce visibility.
Environment Canada warns that “Motorists should expect hazardous winter driving conditions and adjust travel plans accordingly. Travel may be hazardous due to sudden changes in the weather. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.”
- Heat Warning (White River – Dubreuilville) CONTINUES - June 1, 2023
- Heat Warning (Manitouwadge – Hornepayne) CONTINUES - June 1, 2023
- Heat Warning (Chapleau – Gogama) CONTINUES - June 1, 2023