On June 25, 2020, at approximately 5:50 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting traffic enforcement on Highway 101 near Shoals Provincial Park.
Officers observed an eastbound motor vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed. The radar reading for the vehicle was 133 km/h in a posted 80 km/h zone. A traffic stop was initiated and further investigation revealed that the driver was suspended and in possession of suspected methamphetamine pills.
As a result of the investigation, Jason BEAUDRY, 45 years-of-age, from Valley East, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA),
- Race a motor vehicle – Excessive Speed, contrary to section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA), and
- Driving while under suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the HTA (Two Counts).
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on August 17, 2020, in Chapleau.
- SE OPP White River & Marathon OPP – Respond to Train Fire - September 9, 2020
- SE OPP White River – Thunder Bay Male Charged after Altercation - September 9, 2020
- SE OPP White River – Hamilton Resident Charged after Altercation - September 9, 2020