Dec 4, 2017 @ 18:41
On Friday, December 1, 2017, at approximately 2:15 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East (Chapleau) Detachment had occasion to stop a motor vehicle on Highway 101, Borden Township, District of Sudbury for a traffic violation. Further investigation revealed that the male driver of the vehicle had provided police with false identification.
As a result, Philip Martin SEABROOK, (31) of Brunswick House First Nation, Ontario, was arrested charged with the following offences:
- Adult Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice (identity fraud) contrary to section 403(1)(d) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Obstruct Peace Officer contrary to section 129(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult resist Peace Officer contrary to section 129(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Driving while Disqualified- Court Order contrary to section 259(4) of the Criminal Code of Canada,
- Adult Speeding contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario,
- Adult Driving While Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario,
- Adult Permit use of plate not authorized for vehicle contrary to section 12(1)(d) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario,
- Adult Operate a motor vehicle without insurance contrary to the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act of Ontario.
The accused was Held into custody pending a bail hearing.
Latest posts by Superior East Ontario Provincial Police (see all)
- SE OPP Chapleau – Christmas Day collision leads to operation while impaired charges for Chapleau Man - December 27, 2019
- SE OPP Chapleau charge Chapleau man with Sexual Assault & Intimidation - December 19, 2019
- SE OPP Chapleau – Charge Chapleau man with Operation while impaired - December 17, 2019