Mar 21, 2017 @ 07:39
Red Pine Exploration Inc. announces that it has staked an additional 137 hectares within the boundary of its Wawa Gold Project, bringing its total land package to 5,510 hectares (Figure 1). The Company has also completed its previously announced 6,000 metres drill program with the available results leading to the start of a larger 10,000 metres drill project.
Quentin Yarie, President and CEO of Red Pine, stated, “We are pleased to have secured this new area, within the limits of our Wawa Gold Project, that wasn’t available previously. By securing these new claims, the Company is consolidating its land package and ensuring that it maximizes its holdings of prospective ground.”
The new 10,000 metre drill program will continue to focus on advancing the Surluga Deposit and exploring targets within the Wawa Gold Corridor. A second drill will be mobilized after spring breakup.
Wawa Gold Project Highlights
- Hosts a 43-101 Inferred Resource (“Surluga Deposit”) of 1,088 M oz at 1.71 g/t gold (0.5 g/t gold cut-off)1 open in all directions
- New gold mineralization discovered in the hanging-wall and footwall of the Surluga Deposit
- The resource appears to extend 525 metres to the north (2.0 g/t over 8.96 m)
- High-grade mineralization (57.31 g/t over 3.14 m) was found 3 km south of the resource
- The gold mineralization is hosted in closely stacked shear zones (Wawa Gold Corridor)
- Property hosts 8 past producing mines (120,000 oz gold at 9.04 g/t average grade)
- Located 2 km southeast of Wawa, Ontario, close to roads and infrastructure
Red Pine Exploration Inc. is a gold and base-metals exploration company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Company’s common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange. Red Pine has a 60% interest in the Wawa Gold Project with Citabar LLP. holding the remaining 40% interest. Red Pine is the Operating Manager of the Project and is focused on expanding the existing gold resource on the property.
Red Pine Exploration Inc. is a gold and base-metals exploration company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Company’s common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “RPX”. Red Pine has a 60% interest in the Wawa Gold Project with Citabar LLP holding the remaining 40% interest. Red Pine is the Operating Manager of the Project and is focused on expanding the existing gold resource on the property.
Latest posts by Brenda Stockton (see all)
- Measures to Monitor Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Risks at Canadian Airports being implemented - January 25, 2020
- TBSO signs up Music Director Paul Haas for another four years - January 25, 2020
- Saturday Morning News – January 25 - January 25, 2020