On May 24, 2020, at approximately 1:45 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to the report of an assault at a residence on Churchill Avenue in Wawa.
Upon arrival, police were advised that the accused had left the scene. On May 28, 2020, at approximately 1:15 p.m., police located and arrested the accused on Ganley Street in Wawa.
As a result of the investigation, Paulina MOKROER-MAKOWSKI, 31 years-of-age, from Wawa, was charged with the following:
- Assault, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC, and
- Failure to comply with undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the CC.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on July 6, 2020, in Wawa.
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made in Domestic Dispute on Hillcrest - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Arrest made after domestic dispute - January 26, 2021
- SE OPP Wawa – Suspected drugs, cash & weapon seized from residence on Mackey Street - January 26, 2021