On March 7, 2022 at approximately 10:09 p.m., members of the Superior East Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an unwanted person call at a motel located on Highway 17 south of Wawa.
Police located the individual and, as a result of the investigation, William PAIBOMSAI-LESAGE, 24 years-of-age, of Sudbury was arrested and charged with the following:
- Being intoxicated in a public place, contrary to section 31(1)(a) of the Liquor Licence and Control Act (LLCA),
- Fail to leave premises when directed, contrary to section 2(1)(b) of the Trespass to Property Act (TPA),
- Mischief Over $5,000, contrary to section 430(3) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Failure to comply with release order, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC, and
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC (Two Counts).
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on April 4, 2022 in Wawa.
- SE OPP – Multiple Charges Laid after Traffic Complaint - May 17, 2022
- SE OPP – Charges laid after domestic dispute in Hornepayne - May 9, 2022
- SE OPP – Charges laid after drugs found at business - May 9, 2022